Entrepreneurship Story

Entrepreneurship Story

There is a famous quote from Niklas Zennstrom about the life of an entrepreneur. He said, “If you want to be an entrepreneur, it’s not a job, it’s a lifestyle. It defines you. Forget about vacations, about going home at 6 p.m.…. “Owning your own business is like raising a child, you’re up all night worrying about it. You put all your money into it. There are many times when you want to throw in the towel. But every day you love watching it grow and become this success that better’s society. My father was an entrepreneur, he opened his own metallurgy shop. For years he would wake up at 5am, go to work until 6:30pm. Come home and eat dinner. Then go back into his office and work on his computer. He never stopped working! On Saturdays, I would go up to work with him and cut the grass and do remedial tasks while he sat at his desk grinding away. He didn’t have a punch card, because he never punched out.


I am taking ENT3003 because I plan on eventually become a business owner. My plan is to become a financial analyst at a hedge fund in Boston, slowly working my way up. Building a reputation and connections. After about ten years, I want to open a small hedge fund focusing on derivatives and fundamental trading. I’m hoping after taking this class I will learn more about starting my own business; learn how to identify opportunities and create an edge over the competition.  

Comments

  1. Hey Kai Heller, that is so cool that your dad was an entrepreneur! Your dads hardwork is one of the reasons America is the greatest country on earth. I'm sure you have a lot of insight into what it take to be an entrepreneur. It is also cool you wanna own your own business also. Thank you so much for sharing your story and giving an insight into a entrepreneurs lifestyle.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment