8A – Solving The Problem

8A – Solving the Problem
For work I will research companies, sectors or markets to see if they are over/undervalued. Also in my free time I will do DCF analysis and stock analyses on stocks that I am interested in investing in. When I do my research I end up going to dozens of websites trying to find all the data I need. I end up wasting countless hours flipping back and forth between websites, scrolling through Google trying to find more data.

My product is a massive data research website that filters thousands of trustworthy sites and spits out all relevant data onto one website. On it will be different tabs that will allow the customer to see macro level stats about the sector or industry. As well as the micro level.  They will be able to see the past 10 years of financials, all the ratios, such as WACC or debt/equity. They can see the most recent news about the particular company or sector. Even be able to see how the company breaks down it revenue into different segments.

In order to make money I will offer a free 30 day trial that has a heavy use of ads; as well as a paid version, without any ads. The paid version will have different methods of payment; customers can purchase one month subscription, a one year subscription, or a five year subscription.  For businesses there will be different plans available; such as five years, ten years, or until contract is voided.

This product will greatly increase the efficiency and effectiveness of every investor.

Comments

  1. Hey Kai,

    I find this to be a very interesting and useful idea. Like any other topic of research, one of the most famous being vacation websites, it would facilitate the process of researching companies to invest in; and I'm sure that researching investment opportunities must be much more difficult than where to spend your next weekend. One thing I was wondering was how you you would like to go about programming such a website. Is it simple enough for an average programmer, or would it take a team of experienced programmers?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment