28A - Your Exit Strategy

28A – Your Exit Strategy
  1. My exit strategy is to run the company until it has over a billion dollars in annual revenue. Then I aspire for the company to be acquired by a company such as Groupon for roughly 15 to 30 billion dollars. I believe if I can expand into markets such as Miami and Manhattan within three to five years and expand into other demographics with a more diverse product line, then my company can easily have over 500 million in revenue within five to ten years.  And over one billion in revenue within fifteen years. The problem will be staying ahead of the competition and creating new products to expand our market share.
  2. The reason I chose to be acquired instead of running the company until I retire, is because my true passion is the stock market. I want to take my proceeds from the venture and start my own hedge fund. Eventually creating the largest and most respected hedge fund out there.
  3. Since my plan is to be acquired I have three things in mind that I think are important. First I want to have a clean balance sheet. Which means I don’t want to have substantial amount of debt. As well as having good cash on hand and more assets than liabilities.  The second thing is to have terrific growth. I want the company to explode, double digit growth year over year for each year. I want the company to be growing faster than Amazon. Nothing makes a company more undesirable then seeing growth stagnate or fall. Lastly I want to have great public relations. My company will throw on charity events and have great culture. I will try and resemble Googles management approach, rather than Ubers.

Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing your exit strategy post Kai. Don't forget us when reach your first billion. In fact, I suggest you give all your ENT blog group, stock options to execute before we graduate. I love your ambition for success. Your strategy to maintain a clean balance sheet is important - keep the debt to a minimum. Fast growth is critical to be noticed by Groupon. And great PR will be key to your success. See you on shark tank!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment